Monday, November 5, 2012

Subscriptions to feeds

I have subscribed to many feeds through Google Reader including:

- Horse Health
- A running and jogging site
- Healthy Eating
- Public Relations site

All of these sites have all of my interests because I own a horse, I used to love running, I need to start eating better, and I am going into Public Relations. While reading these feeds, I discovered a couple of benefits and drawbacks to using a feed reader.

Benefits:
1. I love that I do not have to sift through any adds of other information, and that the feeds get right down to the point.
2. It is also nice because they give me so much information about feeding my horse. I had known this already, but for users that did not, you must feed your horse several tiny meals throughout the day, unlike a dog. This is because the horse is a grazing animal and they must have something constantly in their stomach because their body is designed to have acid working through the stomach 24/7, and without those constant meals, the acid will start burning holes in the horse's stomach. For a new horse owner, this site could be incredibly helpful.
3. It is very convenient to use Google Reader because it shows you what sites you have subscribed to, instead of having to look around a million times just to re-visit the same site you were on.
4. It is also very easy to subscribe and unsubscribe from sites.

Drawbacks:
1. When getting the updates from my feeds, I did not receive any photos with it. I am a very visual person, and it is hard for me to get interested without an eye-catching picture.
2. Even though the feeds were for my interest, I realized that a lot of the information I already know, BECAUSE I am interested in it. For example, I own a horse, so I already know a lot about their health, how to take care of them, and the signs and symptoms of different problems, so to re-read these things is somewhat boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment